Wednesday, January 26, 2011

so i forgot in even talk about my own consumption.. got a little carried away :) But i would say i like to conserve but as i said in my last blog that doesn't really account for a lot. I turn off my water when doing everything, brushing my teeth, washing my dishes.. i should probably do it more while showing too, but i also try to take the fastest shower ever and not one everyday. I also would like tot think i don't buy a ton of stuff, but i do i guess. I do try to buy already used things because the best thing to do is to reduce and reuse. I do simple things like using a metal bottle so i dont buy plastic bottles, i keep jars for glasses after getting stuff like salsa or i take those to refill them at places that i can, like i can get honey refills. Or i can bring back my egg cartons back to the farmer i buy them from so i don't keep throwing them away... i also try to buy as local as possible!! Let see all those things i find small but one thing that i have done that is a big change in my life is I became a vegetarian because of the environmental effects of producing meat and seafood. And i don't mean production as in the packing i mean everything.. that would be a very long list... okay so now that i made myself feel good about what i do lets look at what i do horribly!! I drive, not a ton but i do make a trip back home and then back to school two times a year.. thats a 12 hour drive of driving.. not to mention the driving i do to the stories i photograph. Oh and I also fly home about once a quarter or i go visit my brother where ever he is. I also travel a lot.. there's more flighting taking up on my list. To be honest there are a million things i do that is horrible but i like to think i try.. i don't try my hardest and i should but i have been slowly moving there. I do think it is something you have to do either i a slow process ( not too slow) or a wicked fast one; just rip off that band-add. When i move out of college im ripping it of lets say. Yes thats in a little over a year but i am going to live the life i believe in that is friendly to the environment.
Its a tough idea to consume less, it is in our nature to have our kids to have more or better than we do so it is a matter i suppose to change what we think is better or more.. more of what? more of healthy air, water and land.. have it so kids don't asthma have at the age of 9.
It may be because i grew up surround by woods but i love it and i plan to try to 'save' it but like my brother said like no one has looked at the sunset and said now that is ugly... nature is just something of beauty .. all of it because all of it added together makes thing like waterfalls with perfect flowers all around and pretty sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment